For acoustics we only use award-winning eco-material EchoPanel® manufactured by Woven Image, who pioneered the production of high-performance acoustic finishes and textiles predominately made from post-consumer recycled PET making a direct contribution towards achieving a circular economy. They are committed to inventing environmentally-sensitive products and sustainable initiatives such as;
- A dedicated EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) that reports quantified environmental performance information for all products, developed in-line with International Standards to ensure rigour and transparency
- A strict Corporate Social Responsibility Policy committed to core values in human rights, labour standards, environmental and sustainable development, and anti-corruption.
- An Environmental Management System to reduce the Global Warming Potential (GWP) of their acoustic portfolio by 50% by 2025.
- Maximise sustainable materials and indoor environment quality credits under key global green building rating tools such as Green Star, LEED v4.1, BREEAM® and the WELL Building Standard™.NSW EPA. (2019).
- Certification of products through strict verification bodies namely. 'Global GreenTag™ GreenRate level A certificationProduct Health Declaration™: Platinum HealthAustralasia EPD and International Living Future Institute Red List Free Declare Labels.Maximise sustainable materials and indoor environment quality credits under global rating tools such as Green Star, LEED v4.1, BREEAM® and the WELL Building Standard™.NSW EPA. (2019).
The Collective Agency are the exclusive UK distributors of Woven Image.
All our acoustic solutions are made from award-winning eco-material EchoPanel®. Made from 60% recycled plastic bottles, EchoPanel® boasts a ten-year life expectancy after which the material remains 100% recyclable. In 2020, 458 tonnes of recycled PET plastic were used in the production of EchoPanel®, and since launch in 2004, 4839 tonnes / 242 million bottles have been diverted from landfill.
The eco credentials of EchoPanel® include:
- DECLARE Internationally recognised product ingredients list
- LowVOC : tested to ASTM D5116 and CDPH Standard Method v1.2 with emission rates <0.02mg/m²/hr.
- Global GreenTag™ PlatinumRed List Free eco-certificationTVOC emissions rate of 0.054mg/m³ and Formaldehyde emissions rate of 2μg/m³ which are well below the LEED, WELL™ and BREEAM emissions limit requirements.
Loll Design produce outdoor furniture that is primarily made from recycled high-density polyethylene (HDPE), mostly in the form of single-use milk jug cartons. Since 2005, Loll have recycled more than 120 million milk jugs. Each product is recycled and recyclable, and flat packed with individual components which allows for easy replacement and full reuse or recycle of each component at end of life.
- Cradle to Cradle certification SILVER™ rating issued for 84% of the product line
- Loll are proud member of 1% for the Planet, a global movement of companies donating at least 1% of their annual net revenues to environmental organisations worldwide.
- Through a material re-utilisation program customers can send products or parts back to us and all materials are properly recycled and don’t end up in a landfill.
An estimated eight recycled milk jugs are used in every pound of weight in a Loll chair
During the production process Loll Design recycle more than 88 percent of their manufacturing waste and the remainder is incinerated to make electricity.